As we anticipated the strong winds yesterday toppled a small dead tree and blew down some branches. One break in the tubing close to the pump station dropped the vacuum by 2 inches. We still have part of the sugar bush to check and expect some more damage as the vacuum is lower than normal. Tomorrow the temperature may not get above zero so maintenance will have to wait until Monday. All our set ups have sap left over from today so we will be boiling tomorrow as usual.
Cool weather but lots of sunshine in the forecast so a good day to walk our trails and warm up around the boiling kettles or fire pit.